There are 2 ways to set up your SIP enabled IP door/barrier Phone:
- Integrate to a IP (VoIP) Phone System – On-site or Hosted
- Set up a Point to Point mode
When integrating to a VoIP network, the IP Phones are usually in place. When setting up a Point to Point mode, you may need an IP Phone as the paired device.
When the Intercom is integrated to a VoIP network, the device becomes more powerful and flexible. You can also divert to mobile phones.
A Point to Point set up is more simple and you can only reach the paired IP endpoint.
Grandstream is a great choice for the paired IP endpoint for a P2P architecture. There are two options.
- Fixed IP Phone, plugged into your router/switch – Fixed station to take the call and open the Door/Barrier/Gate.
- Wireless IP DECT Phone, plugged into your router/switch – Mobile device you can carry around and open the Door/Barrier/Gate.
- Plug the IP Door/Barrier phone into a spare network port
- Access the config parameters through its auto set up IP address ( web-page set up)
- In the call button field, enter the IP address of the IP Phone
- Set a DTMF activation Relay Code – For example 321
- The device calls the IP Phone, a 2 way conversation takes place. If the End user wants to grant access they can press 321